View Single Post
Old March 29, 2014, 01:06 PM   #8
RC20

Batteries going low will cause a problem. I should replace mine.

However, I would go tiht a Lithium Camera battery if the scale has that size, they last forever in the application.

I don't know that the rate of use on the small electronic scales justifies it.

Not sure if what I posted is in the category or making it more reliable, but it does ensure the accuracy.

Working with calibrating sensors, what you want to start out with is zero and you get that with the scale as there is no weight on it (if its not zero then the auto zero does that)

The other thing you want is for the scaling to work right. That is a bit trickier concept. Basically your scale works in voltage not weight. Weight is a conversion process.

Inside your sale may have .1 volt per grain (no idea what it is that is just an example).

Scaling means you put a known weight on it and then it adjusts its internal calculation to tell it that it needs to adjust itself to reflect that.

Calibration weights are the normal way to start. but a pan weight if done on a calibrated scale does that as well making an auto confirmation each time you take it off and see what the negative tare is.

As the pan weighs about 145 gr plus or minus, that is above what you are weigh charge wise (at least for the calibers I am working with!) That is the best scaling as you don't care if at 500 grs its worked its way off as you are proportionally closer down lower. If you aren't going to the moon you don't need moon accuracy.

Using the beam to check is required as you can get non linear resutls in some areas while the scale will show good for a given point. Supposedly that cannot happen per experts on larger scaled I have talked to but I am extremely skeptical and the more cross checks you can get the better off you are.

Page generated in 0.02557 seconds with 8 queries