View Single Post
Old December 13, 2012, 11:36 AM   #7
geetarman

Robk,

The Sig TacPac was my first 1911 after many years of not shooting them at all.

I was also really pleased with the overall fit and finish. My gun has never had a stoppage.

A couple of weeks later, the LGS had a Smith and Wesson 1911E. I bought that gun and have been very pleased also.

I was on the waiting list for a Ruger SR1911 and lo and behold, they called and told me one had become available and the folks ahead of me on the list did not want it or did not have the money. . .so I bought that one too.

I shot that one a bit but I ended up giving it to a really good friend on his birthday.

Then came a Dan Wesson PM9. I had been waiting a year and a half for the CZ custom shop to get one in. They got ten in and sold them the first day. I got the fifth one sold that day.

Now. . .I spied a Dan Wesson Valor in the case and asked to see it. Long story short, it followed me out the door. The one I have has the black duty coat. It seems a little more robust than what is used on the Sigs.

Both guns are fantastic shooters and the trigger on the Sig is right up there with the DW. The overall fit and finish on the DW is better IMO.

They also cost quite a bunch more. I have about $900 in the Sig and $1450 in the PM9 and close to $1800 in the Valor.

The Valor is not twice as good as the Sig. It is very good.

Guns are a LOT like guitars. . .sometimes you pay a LOT more to get a little better fit and finish and sound.

There really is a difference between an Alvarez Yairi CY140 and a Kohno Professional model. You can hear it and you can feel it. Same with a $2000 Martin HD28 and a $5200 McPherson MG05XP.

Trust me, I have spent the bucks to find out.

Carpe Cerveza

Page generated in 0.03142 seconds with 8 queries