View Single Post
Old May 29, 2012, 09:14 AM   #8
David Bachelder

Maybe I wasn't as complementary as the press deserves. It is a fine press and it works very well. Like other presses it has its issues.

My only complaints:
  1. The primer slide is sticky, sometimes very sticky. I usually can get it to work but it is a small issue.
  2. The primer tube assembly is located too close to the press. You can't turn the turret a full turn with out running into it with the powder measure. I think a little more thought put into the design would have revealed this. The simple solution is to move the turret back and forth rather than around, or leave the powder measure off.

The turret head is anchored in two places. In the center and in the back. this does help reduce springback but does not eliminate it. I see a little tilting as I relaoad, but it's never been an issue.

I have been able to slam out the straight wall pistol cases with no problem. The movement of the turret is awkward but you adapt and get used to it. The reloads come out very well and all of the measurements match. The finished reloads look like clones.

All in all it's a great press and RCBS stands behind it 100%.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rcbs turret press.JPG (22.8 KB, 21 views)

Page generated in 0.03547 seconds with 9 queries