View Single Post
Old June 22, 2011, 03:52 PM   #15
Doc Intrepid

If you are a college student and have little or no experience with firing handguns, I recommend you consider the .22 for your first pistol.

Learning the fundamentals of shooting, including breathing, trigger control, body position/grip, and the rest are key to being able to shoot well in the future. Even experienced shooters occasionally take time away from their routines and return to a study of the fundamentals.

They are easier to learn using a .22 pistol, particularly for first-time shooters, because the recoil and blast (on an indoor range) are not as intrusive. Also, .22 ammunition is relatively inexpensive, and the key to being a good shooter is to shoot often - while focusing on the fundamentals.

As a college student, I'm sure your funds are limited - and thus I think you will get more out of your shooting if you are able to (affordably) shoot as often as you can - which a .22 will allow you to do.

Just MHO. Best with your decision, and with learning to shoot well.

Doc

Page generated in 0.02441 seconds with 8 queries