View Single Post
Old March 19, 2010, 06:07 PM   #12
Longdayjake

Quote:
ya jake there are a few in the area every year. In fact last year i won a big one in idaho falls made enough money for half down on my new 243 wssm and i'm getting sponsored this year if ya want i can update you when i find out the dates
Yeah man I would love to get in on it. Sounds like a blast!!!

Quote:
What is beyond the target, and by that I mean at least 45 degrees each way from the target???

You are responsible for each and every bullet you shoot, no matter what it ricochet's off of and where it goes.
Don't worry about it. We don't shoot unless there is a very good back stop. Some of the shots look like they go high but when that happens they hit another cliff off in the distance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxqU-Am8IZc If you look at the third video I posted you will see how far they are and what is in the distance.

Also, ricochet really isn't an issue when you shoot straight into rocks. Especially with the vmax. Oh and the camera is the JVC HD 30 gig. I think its two years old so there should be a newer better model by now. I use a tripod that I bought with a spotting scope to keep the camera steady.

Quote:
Looks like a little more time at the range is needed LOL.
I can put shots into one ragged hole all day long at the range. I can shoot sub moa at 300 yards at the range. However, things change when you get out in the field and you don't have a bench to rest upon and you're sitting on an uneven rock. I was using a new gun too so it is taking me some time to get used to how it shoots.

Last edited by Longdayjake; March 19, 2010 at 06:15 PM.

Page generated in 0.02634 seconds with 8 queries