View Single Post
Old July 14, 2009, 09:04 AM   #17
OldMarksman
Staff

Quote:
Women can certainly shoot and handle any type of pistol that a man can handle. My wife is an excellent shot with her Glock 19 and even likes to shoot my Wilson Combat .45 auto, (she carries a S&W mod. 60 in her purse).

Its all in how you are trained and how you practice, (with any weapon). Using a revolver is just simpler is all, (less complicated, no racking a round, out of battery, jams, etc). However, if properly acquainted and trained on any automatic, a woman can do just as good a job. "Go Ladies"..........
Absolutely true, all of it.

I saw an episode on one of the gun shows last week in which a young lady who had switched from CAS to what I think may have been IPSA was showing her stuff with a long-slide semi-auto. She said she started training about two months before a match, shooting a couple of hundred rounds every day.

That said, some people have trouble racking the slides of some pistols, and there is apparently an issue with limp-wristing with some people.

One also reads that some women--and some men--don't like the recoil of a lightweight snub revolver. Heck, I don't either! However, my wife did just fine with my Model 642 with 130 grain non +P loads last week.

Skydiver, I saw that you like the LCR, and I intend to try one out as soon as I can.

Page generated in 0.03361 seconds with 8 queries