View Single Post
Old November 27, 2005, 07:22 PM   #28
springmom

NO target areas anymore!

Quote:
Our Sam Houston National Forest has 'target shooting' areas. Maybe your forest does also. That would be the best place for plinking during hunting season.
NO. Not any more. SHNF has been a no-target shooting area for the last two years, at least.

I was up there last week hunting mid-week and some idjit was banging away target shooting probably a half-mile away. He would not have been able to see me because I was farther down the road than he was! Just figuring that because you haven't seen a car there is nobody there is a great way to hit some poor hunter.

And of course there was the OTHER idjit that was working with a bunch of hounds somewhere down the gully!!! Between the baying of hounds and the target shooter, let's just say the deer decided to stay put and stay safe. I thought seriously of asking them if I could join them after awhile.

Don't plink during deer season. Don't plink during turkey season either, for that matter. Be a good helpful soul and go to a shooting range to plink. Please.

Springmom, who IS going to get that deer once this cold front blasts through!

home on the web:
www.panagia-icons.net (my webpage)
www.nousfromspring.blogspot.com (Orthodoxy)

"I couldn't hear you. Stop firing the gun while you're talking!" Frank Drebin, The Naked Gun

Page generated in 0.05025 seconds with 8 queries