View Single Post
Old March 2, 2005, 03:37 AM   #18
Metellus

?

I don't see how you can be brandishing a firearm in your holster esp if Virginia law allows you to open carry. In fact in restaurants that serve liquor I usually take my coat off before entering because I am required to open carry in those establishments. So everytime I flip my jacket back or take off my coat to open carry somehow that's brandishment?

I mean if I told someone stand back. Then flip back my coat... that's just open carry. If I open carried to begin with and said step back that can't automatically mean brandishment.

Now if I said stand back or I'll shoot then put my hand on the gun that could be brandishment. If I drew it while yelling at the guy that's definitely brandishment. Then again its up the juries and unless you really shot the dude or drew the gun I doubt most cops would actually arrest you. Any time you use a handgun in legitiamte self defense where you felt fear I would call the police to get your side of the story documented just in case the BG called the cops to mess with you and told them an outlandish story.

Page generated in 0.05831 seconds with 8 queries