View Single Post
Old September 4, 2011, 01:47 AM   #470
FrankenMauser

Well said, sir. Well said.

Perhaps I should revise my comment to read:
"I think Sierra still underestimates the statistical irrelevancy of how this will affect business."
I understand that the bread and butter of their business is Match rifle bullets.

But.. When you send a bunch of customers to other manufacturers, because you are no longer producing the product those customers want; it will have an effect on brand loyalty.

I'm with you, in that I believe Sierra, as a whole, will eventually catch up, and won't be affected in the slightest by the lost handgun customers. However... it's likely to have a measurable impact on brand loyalty among those customers. Strengthening your competition isn't the greatest business move, unless you plan to narrow your product line, any way.

I see a future with diminished production of Sierra's handgun bullets (particularly the less popular stuff, like .32 and .41 calibers). But, I could be wrong.

Either way, the status quo remains. Hornady, Speer, Meister, and Federal* will get my business (*if they ever bring out the soft points under the Speer name).

I'm going to have to look into the likelihood of getting an 06 FFL and the business license past the zoning committee, after I move. I know I can make a better .327 bullet. (Says the man that hasn't swaged a bullet in his life. ) Even if I can't go commercial, I plan to make .312" dies a priority. I'll share the wealth, if I can.

Page generated in 0.03252 seconds with 8 queries