View Single Post
Old June 22, 2009, 03:10 PM   #6
bones06

Brian just to clarify I yelled that to them out the screen before I went outside, and they were already halfway down the street before I got off my porch. I do agree that it was a bad idea to even go out there not knowing if any others were still there. The gun has to stay locked up in the safe because I have a 4 yr old and a 6 yr old, so leaving it unlocked is definitely out of the question. My friend who is on the police dept already told me in the past that in a home invasion situation most trained people and inexperienced people rarely make it to their gun in time to defend themselves, even if it was unlocked. I have decided to get an alarm on our home in the event someone tries to get into the actual house, at least I will have some type of early warning to get me to my gun a bit quicker. I think doc540 was absolutely correct on what I should of done, and thats exactly what my police bud is going to tell me after he slaps the chit out of me for even going outside before they got here. I do believe I officially made a dumb azz move doing what I did, next time I'm getting the gun out and sitting in the house with my family till the fuzz arrives.

Page generated in 0.03102 seconds with 8 queries