View Single Post
Old October 26, 2018, 09:48 PM   #16
Chainsaw.

Welp, went out and sat for 4 hours today on my buddys deer carcass. Saw one yote. Musta been 110 yards out, looked right at me, waited, looked at me again, stood sideways as if to give me the middle finger, then puttered off into the dense woods. So far out I didnt dare lob a shot at him, simply would have been an educational moment for him.

So there I sat, in a little hole, waiting for yotes. Had my electronic muffs tirned up high, heard an odd animal noise out behind me, clearly over the Forest service road, ravens were making lots of racket so I didnt think to much of it. Things quiet down. About 2 minutes later I hear a twig snap right behind me, The hair on my neck ignites, I wheel around just in time to see a monster buck spinning on his heels and bolt not 10’ from me!! He runs off around a big slash pile, gets ti the other side, stops and looks back at me like “What was that!?” I counted 10 points (western count would be 4 point plus eye guards) as Im cursing out loud repeatedly. WOW. That got my blood pumping!

I ended up sittimg for another hour but I’m pretty sure every coyote in the county know where I was after that!

Try again in the morning.

Oh, I did pick up some hornady 3” nickle played BB shot made for coyotes, BUT, havemt had a chance to pattern it yet.

Page generated in 0.03047 seconds with 8 queries