View Single Post
Old August 23, 2012, 05:23 PM   #15
rodfac

Two thoughts...

1. any .22 lr or Mag cartridge is inadequate for self defense, no matter how "comfortable" your wife is with it. Get a decent cartridge.
2. Forget about cheap, and buy her some reasonable security.

Front Sight, the NV based training institute, considers 9 mm as a minimum choice. Any woman can handle the recoil, if she practices. If she doesn't, ... you're going to send her out with a .22 and minimal training and a cheap gun and feel good about it?

Spend the money, do what it takes to build her interest in shooting and the realities of a self defense situation, and train, train, train. For our family, my wife carries a S&W 637 with a good +P hollow point load in 125 gr weights. She's more than proficient with a Glock 19 9 mm, but prefers the revolver...it's simple, accurate for the job at hand, and concealable. Same goes for my daughter in law...same gun and she's had to pull it from its hiding slot in her purse on one occasion..she's a realtor.

You can find that j-frame Smith for less than $400 any day of the week, and buy enough .38 special ammunition to train her.

If she's against it, you need to argue the point successfully, get some help from somebody who knows..cops, FBI, Secret Service...all have helped me convince my wife and DIL of the necessity for vigilence.

Best Regards, Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.

Page generated in 0.03224 seconds with 8 queries