View Single Post
Old October 28, 1998, 11:28 AM   #19
Harry Humphries
Staff Alumnus

All good points with respect to the edged weapons discussion. Rich I too am a fixed blade aficionado, but if one considers the edged weapon as a defensive device, that device needs to be at hand at all times. It need be out of reach only that one time rendering all choices mute points.

While I will carry any one of my favorite Randall fixed blades in tactical or woodland gear, I certainly can't go to dinner or the office with a sheath hanging from my belt and it really causes havoc at the airport. So my folder of choice is one that is innoxious to the eye. Legal length and configuration is a must if you want to get it on an airplane. My personal choices are Emerson's custom knives, any one of them, as number one. From the production folders,(and there are many very good ones provided they are liner lock types), my first choice is Emerson's "Commander" which is designed to deploy as it is withdrawn from the scabbard or pocket, it is the fasted deploying folder I know of. Chris Carrachi's design that is or was made by Benchmade was also a very good folder, for my taste.

HH

Page generated in 0.03427 seconds with 8 queries