View Single Post
Old April 19, 2007, 09:22 PM   #10
RsqVet

HK USP blows the Tarus out of the water. The USP is a well proven design tested and issued by many departments, and frankly it shoots like a dream, the only downside is the price. The Tarus is a value line product, servicable at best, sometimes not even that.

If you are most concerend about absolute safety (as your post suggests) I'd go with the HK, carried decocked and on safe... of course I carry a 1911 cocked and locekd on safe and feel OK with that, however a gun that is DA / SA carried de-cocked and on safe is arguably the "safest" if that is your desire / criteria. Again others make reasonable choices that are diffirent from this but I'm not going to get into that, to each their own.

As for the USP size i'd definatly go with the compact for CCW, the HK 2000 SK size gun is ieven better size wise but alas not available in the configuration you seek, to my knowladge at lieast, though the HK action varyations change or are added to frequenlty enough that it is hard to keep up.

Any of the Smith and Wesson traditional Da / SA guns with a normal decocker / safety would work for you as well and are darn good guns, at relitivly modest prices. The compact modeles would be good for CCW

The Beretta while meeting your criteria is a bit large for me for ccw, though it's an otherwise decent gun.

Page generated in 0.03163 seconds with 8 queries