View Single Post
Old April 3, 2009, 09:31 AM   #1287
carguychris

Quote:
I picked up what looks like a little used 9 mm S&W Mdl 3913, and the serial no is.... TZF5083 ....would some one please tell me what year have I got ?
1990-1991.
Quote:
Also I found that the trigger pull is well over 12#'s... I can't squeeze off this 3913 even into an 8" sometimes 12" group... Is the pull supposed to be this terrible, and have 3/8+" play ?
I'm a bit confused... does this trigger problem occur when firing DA or SA? The DA trigger should be somewhat lighter, maybe 10#, but I could see 12# if the gun's trigger mechanism is a bit sticky. The SA trigger is a 2-stage type that should have some takeup at the start of the pull, but it should have a fairly crisp (if not quite SIG- or tuned-1911-crisp) ~6# break after you get past the takeup.

The accuracy problem is a little harder to figure out. How does it group at short range? Have you tried shooting it off a sandbag rest or letting someone else try it out? Can you hold it perfectly steady while dry-firing?

This is a bit off-topic, so I'd recommend reposting this in the "Semiauto" TFL subforum or the "S&W Smithing" section of the S&W forum.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/eve/for...rm/f/580103904

Also, S&W has excellent customer service and will probably fix the gun for free if something is wrong, although you'll probably have to pay to ship it to them first.

Page generated in 0.03364 seconds with 8 queries