View Single Post
Old October 25, 2018, 03:11 PM   #13
M88

Have used an US only for a few months now. GREAT for CLEANING parts. Agree it gets in ALL nooks and crannies like nothing else can. So, agree with dfariswheel, who pretty much summed up pros and cons pretty well. One thing though, my brass DOES come out more shiny and with a more polished look when using either the vibrator with medium (don't like the fine dust it puts into the air though) and also my rotating drum full of detergent with the little stainless steel pins which really polish the brass. On some of my rounds, especially some of the more expensive rifle rounds, I'll de-prime first, then run through the US for 10 minutes to clean, and THEN run through the vibrator or the drum to "polish" the brass and it comes out super clean. I know... lot of work there... but hey, it's FUN ENJOYABLE "work".

One more note... got a hold of a ton of older .303 Brit brass, some of which was discolored and pretty nasty looking but still viable brass to reload. Ran through the US and it came out pretty well, but the discolored rounds were still discolored. Ran THOSE through the rotating drum with steel pins and that pretty much took care of even the discoloration in all but the worst cases. So.. LOVE my US but for a few situations it's not the be all end all.

Page generated in 0.02920 seconds with 8 queries