Thread: Raven .25 auto
View Single Post
Old May 9, 2018, 05:32 AM   #60
CajunBass

I tell this story all the time, so a lot of you have probably read it. Too bad, I'm going to tell it again anyway.

When I was a youngster, not long turned 21, I was married, living in a cheap apartment, had a car payment, utilities and such and I wanted a handgun for "home defense" in the worst way. The problem was I had no money. A Raven or a RG 22 revolver sold for about $30.00, and I couldn't scrape that together. I tried putting a couple of dollars a week away, but something always came up before I could save the $30.00, or whatever it actually was.

So I never got one. By the time I was able to afford a handgun, I was doing better, and it was a Smith & Wesson (big shock to those who've been around here I'm sure).

But I've always had a warm spot for RG's and Ravens. If nothing else, they kept the dream alive. I could look into the case at the GEM store and think, "one day."

I did come close to buying a Raven many years later. I stopped in a Pawn Shop in Fredericksburg, Va., and they had a blue/black Raven, in the box. It had white grips, some "engraving" (VERY generous use of the word) on the slide. They wanted $99.00 for it. I didn't even ask to see it. Kinda wish now that I had.
John 3:16 (NKJV)

Page generated in 0.02031 seconds with 8 queries