View Single Post
Old March 1, 2009, 12:26 PM   #1
chris in va

My friend's transformation

A long time ago, my friend had a gun pointed at her head, and was nervous about firearms from that event.

I got my CC permit about 5 years ago. She wasn't against it considering all the criminal activity going on in the local area, but was wary regardless. She'd make comments in public like, "GOT YOUR GUN ON YOU?" "You're so paranoid carrying" etc. I was pretty upset about various things that were said.

Now she wants her own permit. As a matter of fact, she said last night, "I've been thinking, can I keep your P11 on my nightstand? If someone breaks in, you may not hear me calling you for help". Apparently the little gun is no longer mine, technically.

So I'm sitting here on the 'puter as she's watching Lifetime. Some cheesy movie is on about a woman being the victim of a breakin/assault with resulting alarm system being installed and promises from the LEO's that "we'll get the guy, don't worry".

My friend is yelling at the TV, "If you had a gun this wouldn't have happened!!" "Should've dialed 1911 first!" etc.

What a difference. Thing is, I didn't really pressure her to do anything, she just takes notice of what actually happens around her instead of blindly traipsing through la-la land.

EDIT: To further clarify, she's quite a good shooter with a lot of range time under her belt. She particularly likes Tannerite...

Last edited by chris in va; March 1, 2009 at 09:54 PM.

Page generated in 0.02471 seconds with 8 queries