View Single Post
Old August 30, 2005, 05:47 PM   #5
OJ

In my years of experience (79 as of 3 weeks ago), gun shops are the worst. I went to a large local shop (Specialty Sports) and had night sights insstalled on 3 Glocks - which was done without question. A couple of months later, Glock came out with upgrades for ejectors and I called to see if they had any in stock. The guy who claimed to be a Glock armorer gave me a hard time and wanted to know why I wanted them. I said that if Glock thought it was a good idea, so did I. He persisted in questioning me and stated he ccould reproduce any malfunctiopn by limp-wristing. I asked if he wanted to make the saale or should I go elsewhere and he said he would order the parts. Months passed and my calls were given short shrift. I finally got the parts from Glockmeister and installed them myself. First time I ever was asked to justify wanting to buy anything from any store (that wasn't detrimental to me). Evidently, the parts never came in. I got them in less than a week. My guess is, it's fine to install costly parts but, $10.00 parts aren't worth the time for that gun store.

That was the same store that sold me a USA 20 round magazine for my Mini 14. I returned it because it wouldn't feed 4 rounds without malfunction. I got a replacement and had the same experience. The third time I went back, I realized the mags I returned were tossed back into the same drawer that the "new" ones I was getting. Had to be the ultimate in "recycling". They refused to give me a refund and I had to take a magazine for one of my glocks worth about 2/3 what I paid for the Mini 14 mag.

They just opened a new larger store so I guess they can fool enough customers to make a go of things but I'll never enter thier door even if they were giving things away free.

:barf:
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Page generated in 0.03606 seconds with 8 queries