View Single Post
Old February 26, 2011, 02:18 PM   #10
TheKlawMan

The Saiga 12 has some merits and demerits and bear in mind the OP does not want to know about pumps.

In Cali mag capacity is limited to 10 and I believe some other semi's can accept nearly 10 including one in the chamber and a "ghost load" in a Mossberg.

Because it is an import, there are rules regarding the need to change parts out for US manfactured parts (convert it) if you don't want it seized as an Assault Weapon. I believe Z detachable magazine makes it an AW unless you spend money on convertint it to a US Manfactured semi.

Since it cannot have a detachable magazine, you need a mag lock. How long does it take to swap magzines with what is called a bullet button.

The inability to replentish the tube as it is depleted is a demerit.

I apoologise if I confused the application of AW law to the Saiga 12, but it is confusing and that confusion itself is a reason to stay away form the S12.

In tight quarters I wonder about thinkgs like a big clip catching on things.

If you ever are charged in relation to shooting an intruder, the jury isn't going to like the wicked looks of a Saiga 12.

Lastly. We are talking about home defense; not Somalia. How much weight does the ability to swap out magazines merit?

Page generated in 0.03692 seconds with 8 queries