View Single Post
Old November 24, 2005, 09:04 PM   #7
spacemanspiff

Quote:
The program was a free download so I am not sure it is working right so I am asking about this site and spyware.
which program? i'm running spybot, adaware, and that microsoft thingy, none of them flag TFL with anything.

the above three programs are probably the best out there that are free anti-spyware. i've seen way too many supposed 'spyware programs' that are actually spyware themselves.

find the program called 'hijackthis', and run it. it will describe what its going to do, and you'll want to save the scan log to a txt file and post its results on the forums at www.securityforums.com, i'm pretty sure thats the correct url.
you'll need to run the scan from a normal login, and from a safe mode login to be sure you are sweeping everything out. the people at the above mentioned forums will help you out with what you can remove. be careful though to follow their directions, removing stuff from the hijackthis program is a lot like removing registrys from regedit, you need to know exactly what you are doing.

Page generated in 0.03789 seconds with 8 queries