View Single Post
Old November 5, 2005, 10:52 PM   #6
gfen

I honestly, and truly, have (had?) no intentions of stirring up an argument, and thats not my goal here.

I also don't mind the expense of costuming, its the act itself. If you want me to be honest, alot of that stems from years involved in hobbys that were always on the cutting edge of mockery, and it was easy to point out that yeah, I might sequester myself ina basement with friends for a night and throw dice around, but in the end, and we certainly weren't the guys dressing up and more to the point, the ones who eventually snapped and decided they were paladins fighting back demons in real life and attacked folks with their swords...

I have a difficult time letting myself become involved with a shooting game that crosses that same line between having a good time, and the invention of characters and fantasy lives.

Trust me, talk to a few guys who pretend their elves and can cast magic spells on the weekends, and you'll develop the same tastes.

In the end, I guess CAS isn't for me. A shame, but that's fine. I do enjoy having a good time and letting my inner child out, but my inner child has his limits that my inner dad won't let him cross.

I'll hold out for the eventual formation of Western IPSC, eh?

Page generated in 0.03555 seconds with 8 queries