View Single Post
Old April 20, 2001, 10:56 PM   #33
kjm

The point here isn't that folks from other state's opinions don't matter, it's that they don't matter in Texas. We do things our own way. Way-back-when, when the folks were figurin' out right from wrong, somehow they got the notion that stealing was wrong (especially in Texas). Stealing at night was even worse, so they passed a law to allow Texans to use deadly force at night to protect property. I suppose those crazies in the legislature were probably figurin' that since stealing is wrong, if you go out and steal, you could (or should) get shot. For most folks in Texas, the threat is enough. Even when I was a youngster like the deceased, I never stole things at night 'cause everybody knows that you can get shot for it. Now this little punk ne'r-do-well decided that he would test the waters anyway, and now he will never breed his type. Texas has just warned a whole generation of youth about stealing, so his death wasn't in vain. Whacha wanna bet that there won't be a whole lotta chickens stolen at night in the SA area?

Maybe he should have moved to VA or MA if he wanted to steal chickens at night, but he didn't. It is his fault, and if you don't like how we do it, then please stay out of Texas, and for God's sake, don't come here and steal at night!

Page generated in 0.03152 seconds with 8 queries