View Single Post
Old July 8, 2011, 05:40 AM   #6
youngunz4life

I like the way Mods handle the edit business

From my own gained/guessed knowledge I have learned:

1)you have no more than 5 minutes to make an edit without it informing other TFL members

2)during that 5minutes, you have three opportunities to make the edit without it showing up to other TFL members(on the 4th the edit will show up no matter how quick it is done).

**I now know 96 hours is the alotted time before an edit can not be made, yet I have never needed that much time to find out

and

there really is no reason why you can't just add another post. If you absolutely have to, you can cite your original post.

The 5 minute time to edit helps people proofread that really should be checking their work before they submit anyways.

Quote:
As for unlimited modification time? Not going to happen. The best reason for that is to keep a disgruntled member from, at some point in the future, deciding to stealth delete posts that he made. I've been on boards where that's been done, and it can create a lot of havoc.
yeah, sort of like facebook where people erase comments under pictures where others still lay. -never understood why people would do that...

Page generated in 0.03536 seconds with 8 queries