View Single Post
Old October 23, 2005, 06:01 PM   #58
butch50

Quote:
We have 10 feeders on my lease in east Texas. I can tell you that the deer are not trained to come to the sound of the feeder. I have never! Ever! seen a big buck at a feeder! . When One of my feeders goes off the treerats and coons come running . To tell you the truth I don't even know why we set up feeders. They don't work! As long as there are acorns on the ground the feeders don't do anything.

Butch I want you to come to my lease this year. You don't live to far. I want you to show me how to stalk a deer in brush that you can't see more than 20 yards. We have lots of deer because of the brush. They just don't show themselves.
Send me a PM and I will certainly entertain the idea! I went scouting today in the area that I will be hunting later this year and foudn very little sign. Could be this dry weather has caused them to move elsewhere. Hopefully we will get some rain and they will come back in. If you hunt my way, you are certainly not guaranteed to get a deer every year. That's why I call it hunting. The deer you do get every few years though, you will be extremely proud of. Even if it is a lowly doe.

I don't understand though, if the feeders don't work, why do you use them? 10 of them would be quite a chore to load and maintain.

‘‘The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun.’’ ~ Patrick Henry

Page generated in 0.03229 seconds with 8 queries