View Single Post
Old March 28, 2019, 12:04 PM   #3
sigarms228

Here is article from TTAG. I doubt the FOID will be ruled unconstitutional by Illinois Supreme Court. In question is does the FOID owner need to be in possession of the FOID almost 24/7 to comply with the FOID law. Supposedly as it is written right now I would be in illegal possession of a firearm upstairs in a closet if I am downstairs eating lunch without my FOID card on my person. Most likely the current FOID law will be modified a bit.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...supreme-court/

Excerpt.

Quote:
Due to the language of 430 ILCS 65/2(a)(l) and the Court’s interpretation of the statute, it is clear that compliance is impossible when one is in ·their own home. No person could have their FOID card on their person 24 hours each and every day when firearms or ammunition are in the house.

In addition, every person in the home (family member, friend, spouse, etc.) who has knowledge of the firearms or ammunition and has immediate and exclusive control of the area where the firearms or ammunition is located, who does not have a FOID card, would be in violation of the statute.

Page generated in 0.03200 seconds with 8 queries