View Single Post
Old February 14, 2021, 06:56 PM   #62
TBM900

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnKSa View Post
Given that you've firmly established that you believe only your definition of "reasonable" could possibly be correct, this comment has no applicability except to someone else who shares your exact definition/assessment of "reasonable".
By all means, feel free to cite where I stated any such thing with regard to being "reasonable" in the above context...
In fact, how about just citing where I provided ANY definition of "reasonable"...

Quote:
No, it's not a non sequitur.
It clearly is
And you doubled down on it in your very next two sentences as follows...

Quote:
The idea that it is possible to control other people's behavior to the point that there is no chance of having a home compromised isn't realistic. There are many ways that someone can get into a house and a lot of them can't be prevented with gates/locks/doors/the actual physical security of the house.
At no point did I say a word or even imply anything about controlling someone else's behavior to such a point
Let alone state/imply something such as "no chance"

Your reply/replies are the very definition of a non sequitur... with some projection thrown in as well... and it continues...

Quote:
The idea that the only reason a person would carry a firearm is because "they believe they have to", is quite restrictive.
Only if you want it to be
I clearly stated... "if I believed there was a need"
Note the >I< in there?

And clearly you missed the part where I stated...
Everyone is free to do as they like
My opinion is just that, an opinion
Agree or disagree

Quote:
Ironic that you would mention this in the context of making a number of modifications to a house, many of which modifications would complicate rapid exit significantly.
Cite where I asserted any such modifications that would "complicate rapid exit significantly"

Quote:
Naturally
Why wouldn't it?
If you can provide the citations I'm asking for, I would be more than happy to re-evaluate my position

Quote:
It's not at all surprising that a person who feels like their way is the only right way, that anyone doing it differently is doing it wrong, who believes they can control the actions of others, and who states that anyone who disagrees with them is incompetent or mentally defective, wouldn't understand or consider the perspective of others.
The above is nothing but more non sequitur and projection
Again please cite where I stated ANY of the above things

Quote:
I'm providing this as a counterpoint to your screed
I simply responded to your clear non sequitur
You clearly don't believe it is, but by all means feel free to provide the cites I asked for and prove me wrong
If you cannot provide them... then that should be a clue for you

Quote:
it's clear that you are completely impervious to other points of view
See above... I'm all ears

PS
You seem to be taking this VERY personally
I'm not sure why
I clearly stated these were simply my own opinions, take them or leave them
None of what I said is meant to be taken personally
Heck you yourself are free to disagree all you like... I even invited anyone to do so
You can even call me a Bozo to your hearts content if you please, I don't take such things personally

But I will say that your non sequitur and projections are quite disheartening at best
Which is the only reason for my "screed" as you put it
I invite you to prove they are anything but, by citing as I requested

If not, feel free to and have a nice day

Page generated in 0.04130 seconds with 8 queries