View Single Post
Old August 26, 2013, 03:37 PM   #46
Paul B.

"While many folks out there try and justify their hunting because of the meat they bring home, most times the meat is just a bonus. The cost of gas, licenses, ammo, guns/bows, gear, lease fees etc., makes most game meat pricier than quality store bought."

The sticking point here is "quality store bought". I've gone through a few donnybooks with peple over this but in discussing it with hree different doctors who are in agreement with me, even one who it totally vegan.

Quality store bought? There ain't no such animal. Not after it's been fed chemicals to make it gain weigth, antibiotics
to insure it does not get sick and God only knows what else. That cow elk I took early this year may have been very expensive meat but it was not filled with the crap they use at the feed lots.
Look at the obesity problem in this country. Look at eleven year old gitls growing breasts and having periods. What for how come is this happening? Could it be all those female hormones fed to the animals that become the meat they eat? And how about all the antibiotic resistant germs that seem to be evolving? Could the antibiotic laden food given to livestock at the feedlots potentially be the cause? Even the First lady, and God know what I think of her has asled the FDA to look into those two subjects and if she can see a problem, why in the hell don't WE THE PEOPLE?
So yes, my wife and I eat extremely expensive meat. I hunt it. I kill it and I eat it. Last of all, I enjoy the whole process from preperation, to the stalk to the kill, gutting, cutting wapping freezing thawinf and cooking and eating that very expensivemeat. To paraphrase a beauty product commercial," My wife and I are worth it."
Paul B.

Page generated in 0.02745 seconds with 8 queries