View Single Post
Old June 13, 2012, 07:43 AM   #86
Bartholomew Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Ettin
It'll be interesting to see if the jury gets self defense instructions.
I am thinking they will get to see it, though I am interested in how it will be worded and whether he will get SYG instructions. Apparently there was enough controversy over the instructions that they delayed the closing arguments until today in order to work them out. So the jury should start deliberating today as well.

A quick highlight of some of the testimony so far:

1. The man who is laughing who rushed Rodriguez is Johnson, a Houston firefighter. He had a blood alcohol level of 0.27 when he was tested. He was injured severely enough that they put him into an induced coma, and the combination of alcohol and coma apparently came with a fair amount of memory loss of the incident.

For me, it highlights the difficulty of trying to control a crowd of drunk males, regardless of whether they are friendly to you or hostile.

2. We heard from many of Rodriguez's neighbors. All of them testified for the prosecution, including ones Rodriguez tried to get to help him with his complaint.

3. Ken Ellis, one neighbor, testfied there were four shots fired total. Two close together and then two separate shots a little later. He also testified that this was the first time there was a party at this place in three years, so I am not sure where the preexisting hostility that Rodriguez had for Danaher mentioned in other neighbor's testimony came from.

Page generated in 0.02699 seconds with 8 queries