View Single Post
Old March 7, 2010, 10:58 AM   #1
mony

"If someone resurrects an old thread, everyone complains. If they start a new thread, people come out of the woodwork yelling "use the search function." "
I am a new member but an old browser. I did the search on this site and found many threads on this topic. None that I saw contained the suggestions I want to put forward. I didn't want to spend an inordinate amount of time searching for suggestions and/or resolutions. I did find where you decided to add a warning to an old thread. It took quite a while to find. Good idea.
I want to be a productive member who follows the rules and contributes. I don't want to spend a great deal of time learning the minutae involved in the "politically correct" way to function on this site. I will make mistakes.
I also know nothing of the logistics of your site.
Perhaps you could put a warning on the new post in the forum index stating that it is to an old thread.
Maybe you could link threads with similar threads so when I am looking at an old thread I will find the updated new thread on the same issue.
Could you post a sticky which puts forth the resolutions to the real or perceived problems so I don't have to search through many threads to see if indeed, this issue has been addressed.
You have a superb site. I appreciate the knowledgeable, sincere, and giving members who participate. This particular issue is not really an issue and if these suggestions are a waste of time maybe they can stimulate some suggestions that will help. Maybe someone has already posted these same suggestions and I did not spend the time to sort through all the threads to find them or the reasons they could not be implemented.
Thanks for the site.

Page generated in 0.03117 seconds with 8 queries