View Single Post
Old August 9, 2009, 09:31 PM   #1
azredhawk44

Range Bag Recommendations

My range bag right now is a soft-sided thing I picked up at the local Target department store... it was intended to be a tackle box for fishing. Has a large compartment 6" wide by 6" deep by 10" long, with a couple of pockets on the sides and a shoulder carrying strap. I can typically stick a couple of pistol mags, a couple of centerfire rifle mags and a couple of rimfire rifle mags in it along with about 200-300 rounds of ammo depending on if it's rifle or handgun... plus a brick of .22.

When loaded up as such it is very heavy and the strap bites at my shoulder.

I want some more capacity in the bag. I want something that has enough room in it to go take a week-long class at Frontsight or Thunder Ranch or something. Something with a pocket in it for a handgun or two. Something that cleanly holds magazines so they aren't just loose and bouncing around.

I want it to be well supported inside so it doesn't just cave over in the center from the weight of the contents.

If it has room to hold spent brass separately from good ammo, that's awesome.

Basically, I want a sturdy compartmentalized dufflebag.

I saw a 5.11 bag at Shooter's World in Phoenix today that would have been perfect... except for the freakin' $100 price tag on it.

Sorry, it ain't luggage. Just not gonna pay that much for a range bag. I can maybe see $50 or so.

I keep my ammo in MTM/Dillon reloader cases, or in factory boxes... it isn't all loose and floating around.

I don't own gun rugs for my pistols... I tend to use holsters if I want my guns in something.

Looking for something 8-10" wide, 8-10" deep and maybe 18-20" long and well organized.

Suggestions from TFL?

Page generated in 0.03559 seconds with 8 queries