View Single Post
Old July 12, 2006, 03:07 AM   #19
geronimo13

Decaping pins will remove primers, if you hammered them out with them. They are made to fit in the resizing die and resize the case while popping the primer out at the same time (at least my Lee die does). I would recommend the lee dies (used in a rcbs if you wish) as they work great and are quite a bit cheaper.
My total cost to reload .223 was under $200 for everything, but I didn't get a scale (figured the disk powder throwing system on my Lee 1000 is consistant), used a Harbor freight set of dial calipers (to check case length, and OAL) for $14, Lee "modern reloading" book $12 (for every possible bullet load info), case trimmer and lock stud $7.50, clean shells in vinager, salt, and laudry soap (soak, rinse, dry), Lee 1000 .223 progressive press ($120), case collator- $12, double disk kit (necessary to throw small rifle loads)-$13, Lee camfer tool-$3, (case length trimming and minor crimp removal, when the primers are going in too hard, I do a drill press w/carbide cutter to take out crimps initially). I have happily loaded about 1400 rounds so far. A single stage set up would have been slightly cheaper but not as easy to turn out the 120 rounds/hr at a slow pace that I now do, but any set up will become your favorite as you get to know it. I've got a bag of around 50 so far that didn't load right, or didn't go bang, waiting for a bullet puller-$20, but can't justify it yet. O.K. I'm a cheap bastid. Got everything @ midway BTW. You would need a Lee turret (get a 4 hole) to do the .243, but I think you'd like a turret over a single stage. My advice is worth what you paid for it.

Page generated in 0.02465 seconds with 8 queries