View Single Post
Old April 13, 2000, 06:37 PM   #7
Patrick Graham

Swampy,
You do the same thing I do, post on both ar15 and here. Between the two boards exists all the firearms knowlege in the world.

I've tried the pulled 150 grain, 163grain AP and 173 grain match 30 Cal bullets. The 150 and the 173 grain are still are still fairly accurate in my Garands. I will be shooting CMP matches with my Garands and the pulled 173 grain.
The 163 grain wasn't as accurate as the rest but not bad. I got a feeling that the AP stuff was just for machineguns anyway. Just thinkin outloud there

I've also tried the pulled M855's, the green tip stuff. It worked out ok, they aren't match bullets but they work great for blastin. I got a 1-3/4 inch 3 shot group from my scoped 1 in 9, 20 inch bushmaster from a rest at 100 yards. The same gun will shoot sub moa with the IMI 62 grain lead core, which are no longer available.

One thing I did learn is that pulled bullets may not be the same from one "vendor" to the next. I've never got a nicked or deformed pulled bulled from Jeff Bartlett, and sometimes the bullets even appear to be tumbled clean. I've seen some fairly dinged up and cruddy pulled bullets that others have purchased from other sources, I never asked what those sources were. The pulled bullets could be drying up and it could be that there is nothing but dinged pulled bullets left.

Yours in pulled bullets

Patrick Graham

Page generated in 0.02711 seconds with 8 queries