View Single Post
Old January 10, 2019, 10:03 PM   #24
BillG174

I use a Stack-On gun lock box when I must lock my Glocks in my car. I have the cable permanently looped around the front seat bracket of the front seat and the cable is tucked under the front seat of my car. The lock box is kept in the car trunk until I need to use it.

Stack-On PC-95K portable case with key lock - internal 8.5x6x1.5 inches. My Glock 17 and 30 fits perfectly. $26 on Amazon.

The Hornady 98152 Security Tri-Point lock box i(Amazon $32) is also good but it is a little larger than the Stack-On that I use.

I purchased a third party 1/4 inch braided steel security cable to take the place of the thinner cable that comes with most of these lock boxes. I had to use a file to make the cable notch in the Stack On box a little larger to accommodate the quarter inch cable.

I purchased the cable from tufnut.com, 800.227.0949. The part # is LPSC3LS lock box tether, 3 foot with loop at $3.40. This is a very good cable at a very good price. I also bought a second cable to use with the lock box in hotels, etc. I don’t think most thiefs carry dremels or bolt cutters when breaking into cars as they want a quick break-in with no delay or trouble.

When I need to secure the gun I lock it in the Stack-On box with the cable and slide everything under the front car seat. If a thief looks into the car the box is hidden under the front seat and is not seen.

Freedom Is Not Free
SAF, GOA, Kansas State Rifle Association

Page generated in 0.03843 seconds with 8 queries