View Single Post
Old May 20, 2013, 11:58 AM   #24
RickB

Quote:
The fact that I've (so far....) never had a problem is why I'm asking if I should even bother. The Wilson kit's heaviest recoil spring was 18.5# and I still cant find any info on the OEM Delta 10mm springrate to compare. Consider that the Wilson kit was made for .45 not 10mm, and many 10mm fans (from what I read) install recoil springs starting at 20lbs.
The stock Delta Elite recoil spring set-up is dual springs, the outer one of standard "1911" dimensions, around a smaller, shorter spring, both mounted on a guide rod of smaller than normal diameter, with a plastic insert in the head performing some "buffering" of the slide impact. The two springs have a combined rating of 23#.
I like to use a heavier-than-stock, 25# mainspring, to redistribute the load and allow a lighter recoil spring for the same overall effect.
It has also been popular to fit a firing pin stop with a smaller-than-normal radius on the heel, to reduce the slide's leverage on the hammer. I've always used the part made by EGW, which required creating the desired radius on the part's square edge. A new option from Harrison Design has a small radius already applied to the heel, and the added benefit of a small angle above the firing pin hole, to help ensure that the contact point is down at the base of the hammer.
http://shop.harrisoncustom.com/hd-20...iring-pin-stop

Page generated in 0.03554 seconds with 8 queries