View Single Post
Old November 24, 2010, 11:52 AM   #5
golfballshootr

The 308 Winchester and the 308 Marlin Express are entirely two different rounds. The ME is for the Lever guns, and as far as I know, that is the only thing it is chambered for, no bolts guns, but, not 100%.

But as I said, the chances of walking into a store and asking the guy behind the counter and just asking for a box of 150gr 308's, I don't see him giving the 308ME to you. The 308ME round is not too common.

And as for can you use one in the other with the both having the "308" designation? NO, NO, absolutely not.

The barrel should, by all accounts, have the round designator on it, and it should say 308 Win or 308 Winchester.

Forgive me, for I don't know how much you know about the different chamberings, but you can have several different "300's", the 300 Winchester Magnum, 300 Weatherby Magnum, 300 H&H Magnum, 300 Whisper, 300 Winchester Short Magnum........and not one of these is meant to work in the rifle it is not chambered for. Some of them will fit though in the other gun chamber. Even if it fits, don't use it.

Page generated in 0.02375 seconds with 8 queries