View Single Post
Old September 2, 2008, 07:46 AM   #9
woad_yurt

I have 2 CZ 52s. I view them as I would a Chevy 350 small block. Most of 'em were two barrel bog motors but what a platform upon which to build! Same for the CZ. With a few tweaks, it's a great gun. I installed Harrington HD firing pin & trigger kits in both of mine and the difference is phenomenal. My next mod is those little sights. They have to go.

So far as HP ammo goes, how about the Wolf stuff? It makes a really big exit hole in wet newspapers and in 2x4s.

I think a lot of these pistols we re-arsenaled before they got here and the people doing it weren't the best with those pins. If you can find an original-issue CZ 52, the pins are solid, at least the ones I've seen have been. I had a pin that walked out all the time so I replaced it with a little hardened allen screw and a locking nut for less than a dollar. End of problem. You can get those pins to stay still if you're decent with a punch, though. Check out the gun below and look at the little nut & bolt right above the trigger. It works perfectly.

Last edited by woad_yurt; September 3, 2008 at 02:31 PM.

Page generated in 0.05144 seconds with 8 queries