View Single Post
Old May 14, 2019, 06:35 PM   #18
Pahoo

Looking good !!!

Quote:
Well, the anti-sieze sounds like a good plan, but on the breech plug, there is no nipple on this inline I believe.
That is correct as the 209 is held by the inlet recess of the breech-plug. …

Quote:
Bore butter, is this a name brand? But no petroleum products, got it.
This one of those options and by my measure, not really needed on your In-Line, at this time. Bore butter is actually a Tallow mix, in a squeeze tube..

Quote:
It sounds like a one-pound can of Triple-7 is the ticket, and maybe make a handful of 100gr charges in some unused brass.
Eventually, you may want to do this but perhaps for now, just start out with measured charges, in the 50-70grn range and work up from there. ..

Quote:
I'd like to buy a bulk pack of the loose sabots... and a box of pistol bullets. I have some jacketed .429" on hand (Nosler 240 JHP) but maybe I should chase down the more expensive and heavier Gold Dot 270's
This is basically what I do and recommend. My "killers" ate Hornady XLP 240gr, that I had left over.

Quote:
I've got more homework ahead, I did see that there was a recall but I checked and I am clear of that.
I believe you might be talking about the Revolution recall. …..

Again, while you still have the advantage, Get the tool and pull the breech-plug. If not, you may be adding to a potential problem... …

Be Safe !!!

Page generated in 0.02883 seconds with 8 queries