View Single Post
Old June 3, 2016, 10:34 PM   #1
Pep in CA

RSO's at My Local Range

As a new shooter (this year), I have adopted a local shooting range as my home range. It has been around since 1958, has ample facilities for any kind of shooting, very reasonable prices, and most importantly to me, Range Safety Officers who enforce the rules.

Yes, that's right. I appreciate RSO's who enforce the rules and enforce them strictly. I personally have been reprimanded several times and each time it was indeed my fault, so I thanked the RSO and told him it won't happen again.

Also, when I had a problem with one of my guns, I raised my hand and an RSO arrived to help me. He was not only very polite but very helpful.

However, when I read reviews about the range on Google and Yelp, there are some reviewers who insist the RSO's are rude or ignorant or [expletive]. And I noticed these complaints don't come from new or average shooters, but from experienced shooters, and sometimes veterans.

So, I say, when you're shooting at a range, follow the range rules. At my adopted range, I don't care who you are or how long you've been shooting, or whether you're a veteran. Follow the range rules and the instructions from the RSO's. If the range rules seem arcane or oppressive to you, don't shoot at that range.

At my adopted range, I follow all their rules, and now that I know them, they make perfect sense to me. I am actually becoming friends with one or two of the RSO's.

Page generated in 0.02156 seconds with 8 queries