View Single Post
Old April 5, 2010, 04:50 PM   #1
RjjR454

One time Gun owner needs help getting back on the horse

I have been around guns (mostly handguns) my whole life and was left several of my father's guns when he past away. I was up to around 12 or 13 at one point (non of the chap guns). As time went buy and bills and other **** came up the collection sowly desolved and left me with none. Most regretable losing my Dad's guns they were his pride on joy. Anyway I am now 25 and hav not owned a handgun in over 2 years or even shot in almost as long. I dont know if the ecomomy is turning around or not but I just got back to work (STEADY, PERMANENT, WORK).
I Loved the 2 sigs I owned ("239 .357"/"229 .40") but as much as I love sigs they are a little out of my price range even used. Last time I really looked (about 3years ago) a used p229 .40cal. was going for around 500-600. I recently found a Llama mini-max .45 but I have heard only bad things about them PLUS they wanted $395 and it was used! I also found a sig p228 two-tone IN MY PRICE RANGE (less than 400) "but" the 2 problems with it are A: its only a 9mm (of course 228) and B: its two-tone which I think is a little ugly.
Ok so now for the Questions:
What are the chances of finding a .357 or .40cal sig for under $400 "used"?
Does anyone have a suggestion of another "QUALITY" pistol in that range?
Or should I snag that two-tone 228 even though its a 9mm?

Page generated in 0.02358 seconds with 8 queries