Thread: 4" GP 100 value
View Single Post
Old February 3, 2013, 11:07 PM   #11
Sevens

Quote:
I'v got to ask, and I think you guys know the answer: Will all revolvers chambered for the .327 safely shoot a .32? Yes, it IS an elderly person question.
I see it's your first post here, so welcome. Typically, it's better to start your own thread for a question that's so very much unrelated.

But here's your answer: a .327 Federal Mag will safely shoot:
.32 H&R Magnum
.32 Smith & Wesson Long
.32 Smith & Wesson
...will also SAFELY shoot a .32 Auto, but will not reliably shoot them or reliably eject them all the time. As the .32 Auto is a semi-rimmed case, you may not get them to eject easily and you don't always have the reach to reliably ignite them. But if they do discharge, it's not a safety issue.

People use these other calibers as a "selling point" for the .327 Federal...but none of that ammo is cheap, really, and just often -- it's unavailable.

For those who don't want the outrageous blast however, any of them are a lot easier and more peaceful to shoot than .327 Federal Magnum.

Page generated in 0.04909 seconds with 8 queries