Thread: Safari hunts...
View Single Post
Old October 6, 2006, 08:19 PM   #23
stinger

Quote:
how immature can you be?
This is nothing, ask my wife.

What was naive about my statement?

You are completely oversimplifying this particular situation. The lack of mountain lions has much less to do with the overabundance of deer in your area than the millions of people who need a place to sleep. Hunters are not the problem with mountain lions...PEOPLE are. People move into their habitat all of the time. Their little poodle gets killed by a lion who no longer has any natural food, so he goes after what he can. Then somebody has to come in and shoot the lion. Whose fault was it?

We are all a part of the "problem" when it comes to the destruction of habitat of animals. It just so happens that herbivores like deer are much more readily adaptable to life in the 'burbs than a 150-200lb kitty. So the kitty has to go. How is that a hunter's problem? Sounds more like a yuppie problem to me.

Are their other factors in the overabundance of deer...sure. But since I didn't mention every single one, please call me naive again.

Maybe we just don't understand what your definition of hunting really is. I bet you and I aren't that different afterall. I only take shots I know I can make...no guesses. I don't shoot does with fawns, I don't even hunt over a feeder. I have never baited anything other than coyote in my life. But I don't judge others who do.

You see, just because somebody has a different way of life than you, doesn't mean that you are better than they are. It just makes you different. If you choose not to hunt leopard over bait, then don't. But don't come crying to us when somebody else does.

Oh, and if it hurts your feelings that people have different opinions and lifestyles than you, then maybe you are in the wrong place. This is typical liberal thinkology..."you are all a bunch of hillbilly rednecks with no reasoning, no open mind, and no diversity...now, everyone think like me, and you will be diverse and accepting of others views."

I didn't mean to turn this into a jousting match, I was only stating my opinion. Trying to reason with you is like reasoning with a 3 year old. All they can do is scream louder, and louder, until they get red and cry. They do not listen, they do not care about others opinions. They are right, and everyone else is wrong. Or as liberals like to call it..."being open minded."

Diversity.

Page generated in 0.02486 seconds with 8 queries