Thread: M4A1 Questions
View Single Post
Old August 22, 2008, 03:40 PM   #12
Rant Casey

I have buddies who detested it, I for one think it is a fine weapon. I've heard "stories" of insurgents taking 5 or 6 hits from an m4 and continuing the fight, I've personally never seen it. In fact, one or two shots COM is enough to do the trick, i've seen people take more and continue to breath, but they were out of the fight for sure. The same people who complain that the 5.56 is weak are the very same people who would be complaining about having to clear a room with a longer rifle or having to hump an m14 all day long in 120 degree heat. Relability? I've never had my rifle die out in a fight, but I also maintained it as well as possible. In a situation where propper lubrication isn't always availible to the point where my CLP was from my family, it can get nerve racking but as long as you have the means to take care of the weapon, it runs perfectly. I'm attesting to it's function 100%, and this was with a carbine that had seen much better days. There was enough play between the upper and lower to watch a movie through, but it never affected function.

The only improvement I could see on the rifle as of right now would be to chamber it in something a little more potent, like the 6.8 spc but like I said, the 5.56 is suitable for the purpose at hand and I know many other men who can attest to that.

Quote:
For those marines who have used m4a1, how do you rate this weapon in combat?

Page generated in 0.03422 seconds with 8 queries