View Single Post
Old April 6, 2024, 08:19 PM   #35
HighValleyRanch

Quote:
Does one extra round make one revolver superior?
Most people would agree that it gives an advantage. One round extra over 5 is a huge difference than one round over 13. 20 percent advantage in the six shot revolver, so yes, it does make it superior. I am sure that many of the old timers loaded six instead of load one, skip, load four when they knew that they were going to a showdown.

I do carry my five shot smith J frames but admit that I miss that extra round that my Kimber of the same size yields. The Kimber and the Smith 60 weigh pretty close to the same. Yes, the smiths are better looking in the traditional way but the Kimber looks elegant in its modern style as well.

The trigger on my Kimber K6 is Way smoother than any of my Smiths. The one round advantage of the Kimber was the whole selling point and exactly why I got one, so Yes, it did make a difference to me regardless of the higher price.

My three carry revolvers are a Smith 360 PD, a Smith 3" model 60 and an original Kimber K6.

Last edited by HighValleyRanch; April 6, 2024 at 08:34 PM.

Page generated in 0.03535 seconds with 8 queries