View Single Post
Old November 5, 2013, 08:45 AM   #6
WildBill45

Quote:
If all goes well it will become my HD handgun along with my 870 shotgun.
Sounds like it is ready now! There is no magic number to break in a semi ... one of the things that makes me trust my wheel guns so much more ... cops are issued guns today and carry tomorrow without much fanfare or issues in most cases. Just like some here, some do have issues and not shooting them 10,000 times before carrying had nothing to do with it.

You get on these sites and folks quote statistics from who knows where:

You must shoot 500 rounds through it before carrying ... where does one get 500 rounds on the spot these days? Does a stalking victim wait for months to break in her new gun before defending herself? If you think so, then buy her a revolver!

Safety or no safety ... depends on whether you are trained and experienced ... experienced means thousands of rounds and hundreds of hours, not 500 rounds ... if you were trained or trained alone with a safety, then all is well, if not, don't get a safety mounted gun ... simple, no set rules.

Most of these rules are for rank beginners to get them started ... master shooters know the main rule is being safe and not missing the bad guy ... the rest is fodder.

As I said, I think it is ready now, but continue to shoot, not just to break it in, but to break YOU IN! You and your gun become mates!

"If Ands and Buts were Candy and Nuts, everyday would be like Christmas"

Last edited by WildBill45; November 6, 2013 at 10:08 PM.

Page generated in 0.02866 seconds with 8 queries