View Single Post
Old November 6, 2012, 06:40 PM   #48
zombietactics

Jeff Cooper's recollections are a poor counter to the scores of actual incidents where reloads were required and/or occurred. In other words, facts trump "some famous guy's memory" every time. Putting it simply: Jeff was/is wrong on this point.

I understand full well that even in cases with multiple attackers, putting rounds in the first might send the rest packing. That's a great outcome, IF that's what happens. Some bad guys are harder and more determined than others.

Even so, I've been in 4 separate SD incidents, each of which involved 3 or more attackers ... so please understand my skepticism regarding "average" or "most of the time". Wolves often travel in packs.

Given what we know about typical hit ratios, 7 rounds is barely enough to serve a single attacker. At minimum, that means a reload somewhere in there if you want to fight off two. I - like everyone I know - would like to believe that I'll make every round count. As much as my imagination might be comforting, I'd rather be prepared for a more robust sense of reality.

It somewhat attests to the notion that not having to reload so often in the first place might be the better choice.

Last edited by zombietactics; November 6, 2012 at 06:46 PM.

Page generated in 0.03622 seconds with 8 queries