View Single Post
Old September 25, 2012, 10:57 AM   #6
F. Guffey

Split necks? Could depend on how fast the neck expands as in BG!!! when compared to BAAAAANNNNNNG!

Then there is a reloaer with a press, dies and shell holders, it is beyond me how or why a reloader chambers a round, then pulls the trigger, and then finds there is a problem.

I form cases, I think nothing of forming 280 Remington cases to 338/06 or 35 Whelen. I think nothing of spinning cases to clean when reloading 20 cases for a new creation. I make spinners for cases that need to be cleaned, some are on the worst side of beyond cleaning in a tumbler. When spinning a case with a tapered tool crammed into the neck the neck has bullet hold or it splits.

Pistol cases, you have an expander? Use it, if the neck splits go to the next one, not a problem but if the cases are mixed and matched with different head stamps? I keep my cases separated when one splits I expect the next one to suffer the same fate.

Cases I form and do not anneal are expected to split because of the large chamber neck diameters.

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.03207 seconds with 8 queries