View Single Post
Old August 30, 2012, 08:23 AM   #24
sarge83

you can find great deals in pawn shops and you can get skinned alive as well. Before buying a gun know what the fair market value is or just be in the ballpark. Check the gun over thoroughly and if the price marked is fair pay it but in most cases you can negotiate it down at a pawn shop. Ask them what they will sell it for out the door, meaning no sudden sales tax thrown in. Do this OTD price for any item in the pawn shop.

If they make you a good price buy it. If not counter and see if they accept. The main thing is if you make an offer and they accept it be prepared to take the deal. Also being respectful will usually work to your advantage. Also trying to work with one of two certain sales people will help you in the long run. They know you are a serious buyer and not just a looker. At the current shop I frequent I usually do all my buys through one or two employees for guns. In return many times they will give me first dibs on a new gun before shelving it and have at times called me to let me know they have an interesting specimen if I am interested.

One last thing be prepared to walk and turn down a deal if it is not a good deal. Don't be snarky about it just say sorry maybe next time. If you wait a while and the gun is still on the shelve six or seven months later make them the same offer again, they might take it this time around to move it. Good hunting!

Page generated in 0.02453 seconds with 8 queries