View Single Post
Old February 17, 2006, 10:26 AM   #18
Double Naught Spy

If you want some additional reminders without the graphic images, check the site below. They have hunting "accident" data from the early 90s to 2004. I think the earlier stuff is better reported than the later stuff.

http://www.ihea.com/docs/Incident_Reports1

It scares me to think that there are people out there who are breathing my, MY air, but not using it to oxygenate their brains. There are usually 1-4 incidents of folks getting shot while using a loaded pistol, rifle, or shotgun as a hammer or club.

I don't know if the images here are a hoax or not as I could not verify anything any them with several searches. In looking at each, the only inconsistency I see is that in the first pic the arrow is embedded in the back of the head deep enough that the rear of the arrowhead's vanes can just be discerned. In the last image, the arrow obviously isn't shown embedded that deep. Of course, that doesn't mean it wasn't that deep. The two parts together may have been reassembled and not returned to the orignal position. Note that the bone shown with the arrow tip is cranial bone and based on what I can see of it, it is about as thick as it should be for human cranial bone and the irregular interior surface is about what you would expect of the occipital's interior surface.

The only real problem I see where something just looks wrong is in the second image. The shot guy appears to be prostrate, head anchored into position to keep it steady, and breathing tubes going to his face that we can't see. What does not look right in that image is that I can't think of a single hospital that uses stained wood furniture as an operating table, not in the US anyway.

Do check the IHEA site. It has interesting stuff.

Page generated in 0.03204 seconds with 8 queries