View Single Post
Old July 11, 2021, 11:35 AM   #12
Sevens

I'll try to better capture what I meant when I used the capitalized and underlined NOT.

Wet tumbling, stainless steel pins, rotary, sonic, vibratory with corn or walnut, all of these are options. Some folks don't tumble at all. Some wipe with a rag. Some wash them in a sink. There are many ways to skin this cat.

I think it's fantastic when someone figures out what works best for them. But something about the wet tumbling folks reminds me of the Jehova's Witnesses. It's like item #1 in the wet tumbling instructions and bylaw #1 in the wet tumbling club is that you have to beat everyone over the head with wet tumbling.

Naaaa. Dry tumbling works wonderfully for me. I can take a couple minutes of my day, dump clean brass out of my bowl, put dirty brass in and dump in the media and the lamp timer handles the rest. All of the other nonsense ceases to exist. If I forget about it and go on vacation, it's just going to repeat it's cycle one time each day. It's probably 35 cents of a electricity. I'll wipe some bird defecate off a solar panel to make up for my carbon footprint.

Wet tumbling might be as fantastic as a Barrett .50 cal. I've shot the Barrett and it put a grin all across my skull but I'm going to go ahead and stick with .223 and the 50-grain V-Max. Just like I'm not going to get my brass wet and then have to get to work getting my brass dry and wondering how sideways it will go if I miss a step somewhere and don't get my brass dry.

Page generated in 0.02353 seconds with 8 queries